Non Toxic Ways to Get Rid of Mold

Non Toxic Ways to Get Rid of Mold

Mold doesn’t make any sound when growing, so, you might have lots of it silently growing in your house, and you might not even notice it. Mold usually likes to grow in warm, humid and dark places which are mostly out of our sight. Black mold in particular can be a headache to get rid of once it starts growing. But many homeowners are seen searching “what is mold?” as they have no idea of what it actually is.

Under favorable conditions, mold can start growing quickly. If you leave the mold unattended, it can have even worse effects on your and your family’s health. The fact that it grows quickly requires that you must keep an eye on its growth, and remove it as soon as possible to stay safe from its negative effects on your health.

Here are some non toxic methods for getting rid of mold.

Hydrogen Peroxide

You can easily buy hydrogen peroxide in any medicine shop. It is a solution which kills bacteria and viruses. It can also be used for effective mold treatment. You can harmlessly use it on different surfaces, and it will help kill mold on first contact no matter on which surface its growing.

You can use a 3% concentration of this chemical in a spray bottle. Before applying it on mold, use it on a clean surface to see if it is discoloring the surface or not. After this, spray the chemical on a moldy surface and let it sit for a few minutes. After around 10 minutes, you can clean the area with the help of a cloth by applying just enough force to clean the black mold.

Vinegar

You can also use white vinegar for this purpose. You can safely use it on many types of surfaces. Do not mix the vinegar with water when spraying it, let it sit and wipe the mold off with a cloth.